Wednesday, October 28, 2009

36. Portrait of a Lady


I came across a slide show of Mario Testino's most beautiful celebrity photos on Vanity Fair's website. I love his work because he manages to take photographs that are gorgeous but also real. You get a sense of who each individual actually is. Whether it was Diana, Princess of Wales looking right out at us with those beautiful blue eyes, Jennifer Connelly in high fashion or Jennifer Aniston in barely anything, Testino managed to capture each woman's essence. 


All these great shots got me thinking about my own photos. Because I recently moved, I've been going through a lot of old photo albums and boxes. And what I noticed is that there aren't any shots in which I think I look like my true self. Don't get me wrong. I have plenty of photos from my school days, with friends and family and random travel pics. But none of them jumps out at me as being a really good photo that truly embodies my spirit. I think I've decided what my birthday gift to myself is going to be--a photography session to get a really good portrait taken.
 

What do you think? Do u have any photos that really look like "you"? Any photos that you're really proud of? Any shots where u look happy, energized, healthy or sexy? What's ur favorite shot?? Do u have one? What does it make you think of when you look at it? 

If u don't have a favorite photo, dress up, glam up, get your hair done and have someone take a really nice photo of you that you can frame and be proud of. Passing by a great photo of yourself on the mantle or side table can remind you every day of your optimum, amazing self. 

All photographs by Mario Testino for Vanity Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment