Thursday, November 5, 2009

38. Alter Ego

Beyonce Knowles has said that, in her real life, she is extremely private, reserved and sometimes even shy. But something happens to her when she gets on stage. It's as if she has another personality--one that is sexy, fearless, athletic, and powerful. This is what she has said of her alter ego, Sasha Fierce:

“I have someone else that takes over when it’s time for me to work…When I’m on stage, this alter ego that I’ve created kind of protects me and who I really am. Sasha Fierce is the fun, more sensual, more aggressive, more outspoken side and more glamorous side that comes out when I’m working and when I’m on the stage...I have out-of-body experiences. If I cut my leg, if I fall, I don’t even feel it. I’m so fearless, I’m not aware of my face or my body.”

Check out this clip from the MTV Video Music Awards this year. Beyonce's performance was my favorite of the whole night. "Single Ladies" is a great song but what made it so entertaining was that Sasha made an appearance. From the first note to the last, she is powerful, sexy, strong and alluring. And frankly, there are dance moves in this performance that might put me into traction. She definitely lets you know who's boss.

Wouldn't it be great to have an alter ego that picks up for you in the areas where you think you might be lacking? A side of your personality that comes out when you need her most and helps you steal the show? What would you name your alter ego? Picture yourself at your most confident, most beautiful, most self-assured, and most comfortable. How would she dress, speak, act, walk? Try to channel your own Sasha Fierce the next time you're feeling like you need a boost--job interview, Friday night date, meeting new people, making eye contact in the grocery store. Wherever it is and with whomever it might be, call on your alter ego to fill in the blanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment